How to find us
- The nearest train station is in Löbau (Sachsen). The trip from Dresden to Löbau takes approximately 1 hour.
- From Löbau, bus line #27 (in the direction of Zittau) brings you to the main bus stop in Herrnhut, the Zinzendorfplatz.
- From the bus stop, cross the street and walk through the Zinzendorfplatz, passing to the left of the large church. The first street to the left is the August-Bebel-Strasse. Jesus-Haus Herrnhut is number 13 on this street, located two blocks down on the left (see map).
- From Dresden, take the A4 (E 40) in the direction of Görlitz to the Weißenberg exit (No. 91).
- Turn right on the S55 and S112 until B 178 in the direction of Löbau/Zittau.
- B178 and B178n to the Obercunnersdorf exit.
- Turn left until the cross roads then turn right in the direction of Herrnhut.
- After entering Herrnhut (after the Penny-Markt grocery store), bear to the left onto the August-Bebel-Strasse. Proceed through the stop sign. After approximately 300 meters you will see the Jesus-Haus (number 13) on the right side.
Herrnhut is approximately 90 kilometers east of Dresden and the drive takes about 1.5 hours.
- International airports nearest to Herrnhut are Dresden, Prague and Berlin.
- For inexpensive flights with discount carriers from within Europe, we recommend Prague and Berlin-Schönefeld.
- For flights from the USA, the best airport is Dresden, followed by Prague and Berlin-Tegel.
- For other international flights, we recommend booking through to Dresden.
Traveling from airports to Herrnhut
For exact details regarding how to get from the airports to Herrnhut using public transportation, please see our detailed information sheet.
(train + bus)
(train + bus)
|Dresden||90 km||1.5 h||1.5 h||20 €|
|Prague||160 km||2.5 h||3 h||10 €|
|Berlin-Schönefeld||250 km||2.5 h||3.5 h||38 €|
|Berlin-Tegel||280 km||3 h||4 h||38 €|